Screen is acting... Strange...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

moogle_man

I've been having problems with my computer monitor here lately... it's been acting really strange.

This is what happens. The monitor will turn strange colors, and some of it will disappear. I don't think it is a BSOD, since the last time my monitor did it, it only went strange for about 5 seconds and everything was alright. During these "Monitor Fits" I guess you would call it, it won't allow me to do anything half of time time (maybe move the mouse for a few seconds), and over half of the time I have to hard reset the computer. I wish I could show you guys an example of what I mean, but I can only barely describe it as Half of the monitor picture disappears, colorful wavy lines appear all over the monitor, and the screen eventually fades to black in which you'll either have to wait for it to fix or reset the computer.

I thought that it might be the drivers, but the computer doesn't detect any errors when it happens... so it's like I know it's happening, but the computer doesn't.

I also noticed that for some reason, my forceware for my Nvidia Card used to be 156.65, and now its 167.43... it has always been 156.65, so maybe the improper drivers are installed? I just got this computer back from HP after I thought it was broken (Nothing worked, but it turned out to be bad ram cards), and I ran their Recovery Disc and stuff.

As more information, when all three times it happened, the first time I was watching a video in Windows Media Classic, the second time I was playing a game in windows mode, and the third was right after I closed down a game... I think all three programs are programs that weren't made for Vista, but I didn't think that should matter.

I have
-Windows Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 1
-1gig of Ram
-1.8GHz
-Nvidia Gforce 7150M/nForce 630m

Thanks for your time.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online