Screen Issues in ESO, How do I fix?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

connocclar

I recently upgraded to a 280x from a 270x and now in eso my game does this in most locations, I can't remember what this issue is called for the life of me (screen tearing I think??). ^youtube link^ Anyways, how do I fix this?
(I had to reinstall OS and everything so i just downloaded the first video recorder i saw on google, sorry for the massive watermark)

https://puu.sh/vnLO6/4c16ee343c.png
^computer specs^

UPDATE: The screen also has minor glitches when I'm scrolling through text like in forums, the text will appear twice in random spots and flicker

Xsage

Dave
That is not screen tearing. That is artifacting.

Do you get this on any other games?

It usually either your GPU overheating while in game, or your PSU isn't supplying enough power for your GPU.
It may also be that the card is damaged or not correctly fitted or the drivers require an update.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The AMD processor and AMD graphic card in your gaming rig use a combined total of 345W of power.
The power needs of the other hardware and the demands of gaming require a quality power supply with sufficient wattage.
What's the brand name and complete model number and wattage of your power supply?

I'm not a hardware/gaming expert, so I'll leave you with Dave.

--------------------------------------------------------------

connocclar

The AMD processor and AMD graphic card in your gaming rig use a combined total of 345W of power.
The power needs of the other hardware and the demands of gaming require a quality power supply with sufficient wattage.
What's the brand name and complete model number and wattage of your power supply?

I'm not a hardware/gaming expert, so I'll leave you with Dave.

--------------------------------------------------------------
This is my current power supply
http://www.evga.com/Products/Specs/PSU.aspx?pn=e7a4ca30-cc2f-4769-b8ac-4293f30e7820

an EVGA 600w 80+ Bronze

That is not screen tearing. That is artifacting.

Do you get this on any other games?

It usually either your GPU overheating while in game, or your PSU isn't supplying enough power for your GPU.
It may also be that the card is damaged or not correctly fitted or the drivers require an update.
I haven't currently experienced this in other games, I do know that after running ESO for about 30 mins my GPU temp is around 60° C. I have an EVGA 600w 80+ Bronze PSU, and I have updated my drivers to the latest AMD driver 17.4.2

connocclar

I've been running benchmarks all day and the highest I can get my GPU temp to is 61° C, the artifacts occured a few times during the benchmarks but not to the level in the video

Xsage

Dave
That all sounds fine to me,

Is your GPU overclocked?

IF you get artifacts in the benchmarks as well that means its not an isolated software issue and there for is 100% an issue with the card.
Next steps would be to completely remove the GFX drivers.
Reboot and fresh install.
Reboot again.
Test it.
If it's still got the same issue and your GPU isn't overclocked then contact the supplier you purchased it from and describe the issue. They will likely get you to fill out an RMA and send you a new one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online