1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

screen keeps going black for split second

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by dell42, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dell42

dell42 Thread Starter

I have a new Dell Dimension E520 with Vista. The screen sporadically goes black for a split second, sometimes the monitor seems to turn off (button goes from green to yellow) then goes right back on again. Sometimes the following message appears:
    1. Auto-Detect Entering Power Save.

I've contacted the Dell people who had me turn off all power save modes but it didn't help. Can anyone help? It's driving my husband and me crazy...

2. nilpo

nilpo

The symptoms you're describing indicate that the monitor is losing video signal altogether. Make sure that the monitor is connected firmly. Also, be sure there are no unnecessary bends or twists in the monitor cord. This is generally due to a bad connection or broken wire, but it could be indicative of a failing graphics card.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!