1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen keeps going white

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bloodmilk, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bloodmilk

bloodmilk Thread Starter

I have a HP Pavilion with a VS 17 flat screen monitor and for the past couple of months my screen has been suddenly going blank white or go white with blue pinstripes. When the white screen comes up I can't hear any sound or see anything that was on my screen that was on it beforehand. I have to manually turn my computer off and restart it and then after a few minutes or maybe a couple hours the screen will go white again. When I try turning the monitor off and on it doesnt help the problem either. For awhile I thought the problem might be in my operating system but after plugging in the monitor from my old computer and I didnt have any problems I realized it has to be my newer monitor. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Any info would help...

2. jackdw

jackdw

My screen has been going weird lately, try making sure the VGA cable is tightened (loosely) with a screw driver.

If it still persists and is still under warranty, then take it back.

3. bloodmilk

bloodmilk Thread Starter

I tried tightening the VGA cable to no avail and my warranty has run out. Any other suggestions?

4. jackdw

jackdw

Is your sound seprate speakers or integrated into the screen?

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

Sounds like you know the answer if another monitor doesn't have the same issue, the monitor is the problem.
    Out of curiosity, is a Celeron cpu?

6. bloodmilk

bloodmilk Thread Starter

To reply to both posts, my speakers are intergrated into my monitor and I am not sure if it is a Celebron cpu. How can i tell if it is a Celebron?

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

Right click My Computer, choose properties...the screen that come up will tell you the processor.

8. bloodmilk

bloodmilk Thread Starter

I looked it up and i have a AMD Athlon 64 Processor. What bearing might that have on my problems with my monitor?

9. Rich-M

Rich-M

Well it doesn't but Celeron cpu's can do that as they start to burn is all, it was a shot.

10. jackdw

jackdw

I think it's safe to say that your screen has died.

11. bloodmilk

bloodmilk Thread Starter

thanks 4 the help.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/651096

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice