Screen keeps turning black though laptop is still running

anonymous2162

Hello, I'm using a Dell laptop, Windows 10, and the screen keeps going black, even though the computer keeps running. If I shift the screen, or move the laptop, it just goes black-but if I tap the side of the screen, it turns back on again. It doesn't turn the laptop off, just the screen actually stops displaying. I'm worried I'm going to cause damage to the laptop, as the tapping on the side of the screen is getting progressively less effective, and I have to hit it quite hard to turn it back on again. Help!

Most likely the laptop need to be disassembled and verified that cable connection to monitor is OK.
I had similar problem a while ago and had to buy new cable.

IDK how it is called but its a cable with 12 or so small cables, installed behind monitor.

anonymous2162

Most likely the laptop need to be disassembled and verified that cable connection to monitor is OK.
I had similar problem a while ago and had to buy new cable.

IDK how it is called but its a cable with 12 or so small cables, installed behind monitor.
Yeah, I went to my school's IT and they said there was a problem with the screen monitor. I might have to just take it to a place that can fix it.

Hello, I'm using a Dell laptop, Windows 10, and the screen keeps going black, even though the computer keeps running. If I shift the screen, or move the laptop, it just goes black-but if I tap the side of the screen, it turns back on again. It doesn't turn the laptop off, just the screen actually stops displaying. I'm worried I'm going to cause damage to the laptop, as the tapping on the side of the screen is getting progressively less effective, and I have to hit it quite hard to turn it back on again. Help!
There may be 2 reasons, one of them could be the video chip that is about to break down. Another reason would be a virus or malware that infected your laptop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts