Screen Lock-up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jempclay

Hi guys,

For no apparent reason, my screen has started to lock-up completely when I play music with Windows Media Player whilst running other software (e.g Word, Photoshop etc).

This started about 2 weeks ago. The only change I have made to the system recently is to install Steganos Internet Anonym. This has not been too successful, due to conflicts with my Firewall which I haven't yet sorted out, so the new software is currently disabled.

The precise problem is that as soon as I start any other software with Media Player running, the task bar remains hidden whatever I try, any new dialogue windows remain on screen and nothing will make the screen refresh. Windows Task Manager shows no odd applications or processes running. I can stop applications running, but the screen will still show the application window. My only recourse is to reboot when it happens.

Any ideas?

Many thanks for your kind attention

Jem Clay

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online