Screen looks like safe mode???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cmcd547

I don't believe I am in Safe Mode...no 'Safe Modes' in the corners on the screen, but I am not sure how to correct the problem. Have worked on it two days...still can't get a normal screen. Also two of my printers aren't working but one works fine. Excel help screen won't work. It seems to affect some files but not all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I use the computer for my business. Really is inconvenient!

Right click on the desktop, Properties, Settings, choose High Color (16 Bit) and whichever resolution you would like. I use 800x600 but the most viewable one depends on the monitor.

If it looks like safe mode, my guess is that your are in 16 colors or 256 colors. right click on the desktop> properties> settings> change colors to 16 true bit or 32 true bit. The two printers that are not working may have corrupted printer drivers. You might want to uninstall them and reinstall them. Start> settings> printers> and highlight the problem printer and delete it. Then reboot and let the computer re-detect it. Have the printer driver ready cause you will be asked for it. Good Luck!

cmcd547

Thanks, thanks, thanks...I changed the setting to 16 true bit color. Everything seems to be corrected. Also I noticed one of my printers connected to a USB port wasn't connected. Maybe that had something to do with the printer problem, although the printer that wouldn't work wasn't that one.

[tsg=yourewelcome][/tsg]

Not sure about the printer problem, you can start another thread for it if you like.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online