1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen placement

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lomosia, Aug 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lomosia

lomosia Thread Starter

Windows xp - suddenly screen is off center to the left. Nothing I have tried, including "Command Prompt" has gotten it recentered. What should I do?

[email protected]

2. xgerryx

xgerryx

Have you tried ajusting the controls on your monitor?

3. Lance1

Lance1

You should have adjustment settings on the monitor it-self, try those. You may also have changed your resolution settings. Put it back to what it was if you have.

4. lomosia

lomosia Thread Starter

Thank you all, but still no solution. My screen (WindowsXP) is about an inch off to the left. There are no controls on the Compaq 7550 monitor itself by which I can correct it. Accessing "Comand Prompt">Properties>Layout>Screen Buffer Size>Window Size>Window Position does give a method of correcting the layout, but the correction does not "take" when I leave command prompt. Thus I am losing the left side of the window, and wasting an inch on the right.
    Thank you all.

[email protected]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/256736