Screen problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Steph68

Has anybody any idea why my screen has horizontal lines. They appear to be 'shadows' from text, windows boxes and desktop icons. It seems very out of focus also. I've tried reinstalling Windows 98, new drivers, changed the screen resolution and colours, and also adjusted the contrast settings but nothing has made any difference.

I've done a monitor test, and that is working OK.

Please help.

Steph68

Ive tried that but it doesn't work, my refresh rate is set at 75hz.

Any other suggestions please?

Do you mean that it won't go any higher then 75hz? Try it on "Optimal" or Adapter default". You may have to go to the video card manufacturer websitre and download the most current driver for your make video card.

that refresh rate should go higher than 75htz. Also, check out the cable, a dirty connection could cause this problem.

Steph68

I have tried the refresh at optimal and there is no change. I've downloaded updated drivers from Dell, again no change. Ive checked connections and there doesn't seem to be any problems there either.

Steph68

Problems with the screen have now been resolved - It was the Graphics Card that has broken. Thanks for you help guys :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online