Screen Protector for Android Tablet

LJFried

Ye Olde Luddite again: Just bought a Samsung Tab A 7 android tablet and want to buy a screen protector. When I google this, I see screen protectors for Galaxy Tab A7 saying "10.4 inch." But the OVERALL size of my table is 9 3/4" -- of course the actual screen is even smaller, about 8 3/4" - what is going on here?

cwwozniak

Chuck
I see screen protectors for Galaxy Tab A7 saying "10.4 inch."
Can you please provide one or two links to some product pages showing that size?

FWIW, I have sometimes seen products sold on Amazon and other sites where the dimensions are for the overall package and not the contents.

EDIT: I did a bit more detailed Google searching and found that there are 10.4 inch versions of the Tab A7. You need to narrow your search to the specific model number of your particular A7.

https://www.samsung.com/levant/tablets/galaxy-tab-a/galaxy-tab-a7-gray-32gb-wifi-sm-t500nzaamid/

Last edited:

plodr

Liz
How hard are you on devices?
I've owned a 10.1" Tab A since Nov. 2016 and an 8" tab A since June 2019 and use them without a screen protector. Both are fine.

Now my phone is a different matter. Since I toss that in my purse, I want something procting the screen from anything rattling around my purse.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Just checked my A 7 and it is 10.4 diagonally!!!
LoL. You must be a true Luddite. Screen sizes have always been expressed as the diagonal measurement going back to picture tube TV sets in the 1950s.

LJFried

How hard are you on devices?
I've owned a 10.1" Tab A since Nov. 2016 and an 8" tab A since June 2019 and use them without a screen protector. Both are fine.

Now my phone is a different matter. Since I toss that in my purse, I want something procting the screen from anything rattling around my purse.
Better safe than sorry I always say. Thanks

plodr

Liz
No scratches nor any breaks and my oldest tablet is from 2014.

We are in our 70's and tend to drop things. You'd do better getting a case rather than a screen protector. I have something like this on my large Tab A and my 10" Fire HD Kindle.

https://www.amazon.com/ZoneFoker-Galaxy-10-1-2019-SM-T510/dp/B07SN28H58
I watch videos (Hoopla, Acorn, Tubi, dailymotion) and I don't want to hold the tablet.

The Kindle case is especially nice because when you close it, it puts the Kindle to sleep. We view radar maps on it during all these thunderstorms and hurricanes to see what we can expect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online