1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen Recorder with Low file size/ Frame Rate

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Ziggy1, Jan 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziggy1

Ziggy1 Thread Starter

Hi I'm looking for a screen recording program that creates small video files that can be emailed but are still good quality.

I have used the program from the link below for years, but I am having issues with Windows 10 getting it to Run.

Utility Spotlight: Screenrecorder
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/tnmag/2009/03/06/utility-spotlight-screenrecorder/

The program records your screens but at 5 frames per second. I can record 5 minutes easily and still only have a 1 GB file.

I am hoping someone knows what I am looking for, this is not for gaming so I don't need to catch every movement... if you can imagine it is for instructional purpose or for showing others when trouble shooting an issue.

I have tried several programs and their lowest settings... but please note the one I have will make clear video, but a very small size... see attached I am recording at the moment..

programs tried:

• OBS
    • Apowersoft - Free Online Screen Recorder
    • Screencast-O-Matic

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!