1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen recording DOS VM?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by sushi064, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sushi064

sushi064 Thread Starter

Hi,

I am trying to use a screen recorder to record my DOS 7.01 virtual machine. I have VM Additions installed. When I am not in full-screen mode, the DOS window is quite small on the desktop, so I want to shift to full-screen. But whenever I do, both Camtasia and CamStudio glitch in some way. Are there any better solutions beside a standalone? I guess I could use a video camera.

Thanks!
    sushi064

2. PedroHin

PedroHin

I suggest changing the MS-Dos window to a larger font size, and leave the window 'windowed'. Switching to full-screen MS-Dos causes the video driver to actually switch down to a plain VGA mode which is also character-based resolution rather than pixel-based.

If you click on the upper-left corner of the MS-Dos session, select 'properties' and pick a Lucida Console font -- maybe 20 points or higher. This should make your screen recordings readable

3. sushi064

sushi064 Thread Starter

Unfortunately, Microsoft Virtual PC's Properties window will not allow me to change the fonts in DOS-- but thanks for the suggestion... :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/964508