Screen replacement?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KazuArrowsoki

Will a screen for an HP Pavilion dv7-1245dx be compatible with an HP Pavilion dv6- 1245dx computer?

Problems with current computers.
HP dv7 - I have 2 HP dv7 laptop computers that the motherboard is fried and I think the other components within it are ok.

HP dv6 - I have 1 HP dv6 laptop computer that the screen "back light" is out and everything else on it works.

I would like to confirm this question before I open up the computers.

Last edited:

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I think those screens are different sizes, 16" and 17", is that correct ?

KazuArrowsoki

Yes I did forget about that, and if that is the case then would the motherboards be compatible?
Also, would the pin setting for the screen data cables match up to the motherboard pin set?

Last edited:

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I'm not sure what would be compatible but the screen will not physically fit into the lid or connect to the base properly so you're idea of swapping screens over won't work because of that.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Sorry I couldn't help more.

You could use the laptop with an ordinary computer monitor.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online