Screen Resolution/Aspect Ratio Upgrade...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TECsta

Hi TG Crew..

I have a basic HP laptop (no frills) the maximum screen resolution (1920 x 1080) it's incapable of fully displaying dialog boxes! for instance in order to Ok 'Preferences' on my latest cool Adobe CC subscription, i have to put the Screens Orientation on Portrait mode, sideways? And toggle the mouse through numerous awkward commands...

Bringing me on to the reason i started this thread, Is it possible to upgrade the screen resolution on this HP laptop, to something higher that the Recommended 1920 x 1080, i.e. would like to keep the system running nicely at the same time, no pushing the limits...

Thanks in advance, I'm planning a move over to IOS just wanted to round my PC usage up on this first...

managed

Allan
What is the full model name of that HP laptop please ?

Are you sure 1920x1080 is the recommended resolution ?

If you right-click on an empty part of the Desktop then on 'Display settings' (Windows 10) or 'Screen resolution' (Windows 7) what resolution is shown ?

Laptop screens are designed to work at the recommended resolution, you can't increase it.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I use Irfanview to view all images … Including those from my Photoshop
(Windows is not smart enough to know a psd is an Image)
Irfanview can be set to view all images “Fit to Screen”
It can also explore thumbnails of all psd files ... and a lot more.

TECsta

Hi

Thanks for the reply, it is the Recommended resolution, as it says so right beside the display settings
i.e. 1920 x 1080 (Recommended) in the drop down menu on Resolution.

Laptop model number is: Cval6mfp..

Thanks again..

Oddba11

Jim
I will add that, no, you can't "upgrade" the laptop resolution. Windows should be using the screens native resolution (1920 x 1080). And 1920 x 1080 is the current standard monitor resolution.

If applications are opening larger than the viewable desktop, then there is a Windows or application issue. Sounds like you simply need to adjust the window size of Adobe CC.

TECsta

I will add that, no, you can't "upgrade" the laptop resolution. Windows should be using the screens native resolution (1920 x 1080). And 1920 x 1080 is the current standard monitor resolution.

If applications are opening larger than the viewable desktop, then there is a Windows or application issue. Sounds like you simply need to adjust the window size of Adobe CC.
Hope such an option exists...

Thanks

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What's your operating system ????

A few months ago, I read somewhere ?? .... The newer versions of PS CC (and other Adobe's) will only work in W10.
A newer Premiere Elements (18) will not work in my W7 ....
But Photoshop Elements (18) will.
Luckilly, I still have PREE and PSE version 13.

My PS 5.5 and 6.0 seems to know what my screens are set to in my W7 desktops and Laptops.

Not wanting a severe case of the update blues .... I quit updating anything about a year ago :D
Not having W10 and/or CC ... I can do that.

Last edited:

TECsta

Hi

So for this record if just altered the percentage in a drop down menu and not only did i get hugely varied screen resolution but about 4 settings worth..

Surly HP and windows support should've clocked this..l

TECsta

Ok sorry about that..

In the 'Display' setting, under the 'Scale and Layout' option you can select various percentages (%) from the 'Change the size of text, apps and other items' drop menu..

Which if your making a noticeable percentage change will prompt you for an auto restart...

Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online