1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen resolution changed after forced restart

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by emith, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emith

emith Thread Starter

Yesterday i was on Facebook for the first time and i came across a video and tried to play it. I was then told i didnt have the latest Flash Player 9 installed. I clicked on the link to install it and it installed no worries. All of a sudden, shortly after, all the windows/programs i had open started closing down by themselves (as if i had clicked on restart or shut down) and the computer restarted itself. I read later in the system "event viewer" that:

The Windows Installer initiated a system restart to complete or continue the configuration of 'Adobe Flash Player 9 ActiveX'..

Anyway, after the restart had been performed, i realised that my screen resolution had changed. I opened Display properties to change it back to the previous setting (1440x900) but that resolution wasnt available.

What i would like to know is has anyone else experienced this problem and is there any way of creating a custom screen resolution?

My graphics card is ATI Radeon 9250 128mb
    My monitor is Acer AL1916W (widescreen)
    My OS is Windows XP Home SP2

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!