1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen resolution changes after hibernation

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by FrankB, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FrankB

FrankB Thread Starter

I have a problem with the screen resolution changing when I come out of hibernation with a Dell XPS laptop on XP up to date. I've run Norton full system scan. I've run %temp% and deleted everything.
    I've got the bare minimum starting in msconfig. The laptop is booting up out of hibernation and the screen looks fine then it goes black and everything is much smaller. When I look at display properties, settings, the resolution is at 1920x1200 I change it back to 1280x768 and all is fine until the next hibernation. Sometimes it goes away for a week or two then it happens every time. Is there a way to step through the start up out of hibernation? Or does anyone know what is causing this?
    Thanks
    Frank

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

I would try updating the video driver for the computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/675622