1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen resolution - google

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by baleonspurs, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baleonspurs

baleonspurs Thread Starter

I have a Sony laptop model # VPCZ1 running windows 7. The computer is running well. A few days ago I went to my Igoogle personal page and found that the screen resolution across the page is varied, in some areas the resolution is correct as set 1600x900, however in other areas of the page the resolution is all over the place - for example1516x945 or 494x86 and more.

All other websites and programs on the computer are running fine at the correct resolution.

If I go to my personal Igoogle site on another computer, the resolution is fine, so I do not believe it has anything to do with google. I have tried manipulating google to no avail. I have even created a new page but the problem continues

I have tried various attempts at restore the computer back to a point before the problem but the problem with resolution continues.

I have changed the setting for screen resolution in control panel but it doesn't matter what the setting is the problem continues.

I have googled searched looking for anyone with a similar occurance or a possible virus problem but cannot find any similar problem.

Any suuggestions

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974050

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice