1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

screen resolution keeps changing

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by gramy, Sep 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gramy

gramy Thread Starter

When we log on our browser, our screen shrinks to 8 bit (about 5x7 in size) then I go to Properties and increase the resolution to 32 bit for a full screen, but when I go to any other place (email or even your website, my screen resolution goes back to the lowest (8bit) and I have to go back to properties to increase it again. This happens everytime I change screens. Can you help?

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Welcome!

The setting of color quality (8 bit, 32 bit) has nothing to do with the display size.

That is more a function of Screen resolution. (1024 x 768 etc)

It sounds like you have "lost" the software drivers for your graphics card, try reloading them to see if that fixes it.

We could give better help if we knew something about what computer you have, its always a good idea to mention that when asking for help. There are so many different makes/models/types that its almost impossible to give completely useful advice without knowing that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/397963