1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen Resolution Options disappearing

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by margibso, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. margibso

margibso Thread Starter

I am currently running a setup where via a VGA cable I am using my 42in LG tv as my computers monitor. I have been running this setup for several months now without a problem. For this entire time I have been running it at the resolution of 1280 x 768 or 1280 x 800 since this is a good size for viewing across the room and 1280 x 720 does not display correctly.

This morning when I booted up the computer set it self to 1280 x 720 (the one that doesn't work right) and when I went to change it I found that I had greatly reduced screen resolution options, including the two I like to use.

I have tried changing the monitor attributes in AMD's catalyst control center including activating Use Extended Identification Data. I have uninstalled the display drivers and downloaded and installed the lasted drivers from AMD. I can't find a way get back the display settings I used to have.

Graphics Card: Power Color ATI Radeon HD 4870 500MB

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!