Screen resolution problems when playing games

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
right click on the desktop and change the resolution to fit your screen...if that doesnt fix it, it could be a problem with the hardware..ther will be a settings button on the front of the monitor...click on that and change the screen size from there

you really didnt give nearly enough info for anyone to have a clue what is going on there why dont you take some time and think out your question on this very wide subject

Metalist2

Okay. Well when i open any game the sreen reolution is messed up, plus when i test my direct3D the spinning box is way over to the right instead of in the middle of the sreen as is the picture when playing a game

well you didnt say if you have a video card installed but if you do then i would get a new driver and install the latest one. If you have the onboard video then I would get the latest 4 in 1 and see if that works.

If that didnt work if it was me I would reinstall windows and see if that works. you dont have to lose anything if you just put a new copy of windows on the existing setup you have. well that is assuming you have windows xp home. I dont know about anything else

yeh sounds like u need to update ur nvidia graphics drivers...

then set the resolutions in the nvidia control panel

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts