1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen resolution problems when playing games

Discussion in 'Games' started by Metalist2, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Metalist2

Metalist2 Thread Starter

all my games screen resolution is messed up its way to wide help..

2. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

right click on the desktop and change the resolution to fit your screen...if that doesnt fix it, it could be a problem with the hardware..ther will be a settings button on the front of the monitor...click on that and change the screen size from there

3. arewtee

arewtee

you really didnt give nearly enough info for anyone to have a clue what is going on there why dont you take some time and think out your question on this very wide subject

4. Metalist2

Metalist2 Thread Starter

Okay. Well when i open any game the sreen reolution is messed up, plus when i test my direct3D the spinning box is way over to the right instead of in the middle of the sreen as is the picture when playing a game

5. arewtee

arewtee

well you didnt say if you have a video card installed but if you do then i would get a new driver and install the latest one. If you have the onboard video then I would get the latest 4 in 1 and see if that works.

If that didnt work if it was me I would reinstall windows and see if that works. you dont have to lose anything if you just put a new copy of windows on the existing setup you have. well that is assuming you have windows xp home. I dont know about anything else

6. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

yeh sounds like u need to update ur nvidia graphics drivers...

then set the resolutions in the nvidia control panel

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645109

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice