1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen Resolution Problems

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by dst2201, Feb 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dst2201

dst2201 Thread Starter

I currently have my Mitsubish Diamond Scan 17HX (17") monitor set to a screen area of 1024X768. Everything looks great except when I try to run one of my kids Reader Rabbit programs which I suspect weren't built to run on higher resolutions.

So I changed to a variety of lower settings and each time the display became badly distorted. I wait 15 seconds and the screen returns to my 1024x768 setting.

How do I display a lower screen area without the distortion.

Thanks in advance.

Doug T.

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi- My grandson plays RR- it always puts up a message at the start about switching to 256 colors, have you gotten that, and did you try changing? I just tell it no, and it seems to play just fine, does not disturb anything afterward. Updated video drivers might help, perhaps DirectX (using 8.1 here, but 9.0 is out now), I also have resolution at 1024x768 with 16-BIT color, and Refresh rates at Adapter Default. If you are talking about the large black area around the RR game screen, that's the way they play- I don't get any distortion from keeping higher resolution and color settings. DirectX available at Microsoft site.

3. dst2201

dst2201 Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice. I updated the video driver to no avail. Still on any resolution less than 1024x768 I'm getting unreadable distortion. And by that I mean it looks like 3 or 4 fuzzy displays superimposed on top of one another yet each to the left or right of the other. I downloaded Direct X 8.1 earlier yesterday so that shouldn't be the problem either.

Any other ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119377

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice