Screen Resolution Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Highdro

I am having issues with my Screen Resolution. Everytime I log into Windows it defaults the settings to the lowest possible settings, 640x480 ( 8 bit ). I change the Settings back to what I like, restart the computer and it will login with my settings then the screen will go blank for a couple seconds and reset to the lowest settings again. How can I fix this?

What settings are you trying to obtain? Is it a setting that has been used prior to this or a new setting?

Highdro

I'm using a NEC MultiSync 97F, trying to use 1024x768 (32bit), which has been used all the time except after my dad decided to touch the computer. From what he told me he said he went into the the display properties\advanced\monitor\driver and tried to update the drivers, which he couldn't have possibly done because he has no software to update them with. I also tried to click on the uninstall option but nothing happens after I do so.

And yes, I have video card drivers, and I also installed the latest drivers for the card. (after uninstalling the old drivers)

I would recommend obtaining the latest drivers for your video card and operating system and reinstall. Sounds like a driver problem.

I didn't see the last part of your post...did you get them from the manufacturers website?

Looks like he might have even messed around with the monitor drivers. :eek:

Definitely sounds like some kind of driver problem. That should be the easiest step to take in resolving this problem. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online