Screen Saver Folder?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AudioKal

I want to make my own screen saver in the form of a simple non-animated image. When I'm done I will need to place it into the correct folder so it shows up in the Screen Saver list under desktop properties.

Can anyone tell where that folder is and how to get to it please?

Thanks very much.

AudioKal

No I'm not......I can make my own screen saver. I just want to know where to place the image.

the best place to store the image is in the %systemroot%\system32

AudioKal

Thanks......so if I store the image there......and then go to change my screen saver by right clicking an empty spot on my desktop and choosing "Properties" it will show up in the Screen Saver Menu?

DoubleHelix

Banned
Screen savers are stored in the folder BigC lists, but they have an .SCR extension. A standard picture file can't be placed there and used as a screen saver. You'll need to somehow turn this picture into a screen saver format the computer can recognize.

you could try this :

if you right click on your desktop and click properties goto the screensaver tab. in the screen saver drop down menu click the 3d flying objects.

now goto the settings tab for the screen saver.

the 3d flying object seeting screen should appear, select the style as texured flag, then click on texture on the right hand side. now you can insert you *.bmp file and this is now a nice cheap but effective screensaver

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online