1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen Saver/ nview manager Won't Work

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by asuryan, Feb 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asuryan

asuryan Thread Starter

OK, first time using a message board, don't really know how this works. I've looked at a lot of other messages though and have not found a solution to my problem. My screen savers do not activate. Neither does my monitor automatically turn itself off. I can preview my screensavers just fine, but they will not turn on by itself. I have even made a shortcut to my screensaver on my desktop, but when I open it an explorer window comes up with a little page icon with a couple shapes in it appears in the upper left corner of the explorer window. All of the actual .scr files for my screensavers do not have pictures of the screensavers anymore, they are now just a white page with a little blue explorer e inside. I have been searching for a problem for a while now and have just recently discovered another problem (it may have been there before also and I did not notice) that could be related. When I open up my nvidia display properties and tell it to activate nview on start up an error message comes up about having to shut down "run dll as an app". I don't know if its related or not, but I tried downloading the latest driver from nvidia but it solved neither problem

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118351

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice