Screen Saver Problem In Windows XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dave45

Banned
I recently wiped and restored the operating system on my Wife's computer using a fresh install of Windows XP Home and for some reason the Screen Saver will not kick in. I have the Screen Saver set to kick in after 12 minutes of idle time and it isn't. I have checked all the settings I can think of and they are right to the best of my knowledge and experiences. We just bought a new LCD widescreen monitor for her computer and I don't want to see the screen get 'burned'.

If anyone has experienced this problem or knows of this problem and can share their ideas of how to fix it with me it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

First off with todays new screens and techology screen savers are a misnomer.. They don't 'save anything' and are mosty for convenience. The new lcd screens rarely if ever have 'burn' just from being left on. But some people (myself included) like a screen saver just for entertainment.. At times I enjoy watching my pictures or whatever. So regardless of whether it is actually saving anything you still want it to work. The most likely cause that it isn't is because some periphial is keeping it from doing so. Items you have plugged into your USB ports are the most likely..an external wireless mouse could do it.. some programs that run auto updates or check email could also be the cause. Unplug everything except monitor, wired keyboard and mouse and disable everything in MSCONFIG and see it it will work then.. If so go back and begin adding things one at a time until you find the culprit. A tedious procedure but it's worked for me. Good Luck!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online