1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen Saver Viruses: What are they?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by faraz27989, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. faraz27989

faraz27989 Thread Starter

Lately, I have started getting mails from people who's address books I am probably in with screen savers with names like love.scr or friendship.scr. These mails also have messages which those people obviously haven't written. I haven't downloaded one of these files yet, fearing that it might be a virus. However, Hotmail's anti-virus programme says that it isn't a virus. Is this some sort of new bug going around or am I just going mad? :confused:

2. RSM123

RSM123

3. $teve

$teve

there are a few nastie worms going around at the moment.....just delete the emails....dont open them,they will almost certainly be from infected friends of yours.
    you should really inform them and get them to run a scan....maybe you also to be on the safe side.

this is an on-line site:
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

4. Monstrous Mi

Monstrous Mi

Those are attachments for the Yaha worm. Do not download and/or delete all immediately. It might be worthwhile doing a scan with the latest DAT file.

Here is a good explanation: http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]

For Steve. I love some of Churchill's quotes. Here is one of my favourites:

Lady Astor: "Mr. Churchill, were you my husband, I would poison your tea!"

Winston Churchill: "Madam, were I your husband, I would drink it."

5. $teve

$teve

MM..........if you get a chance to read his biography you will see what a great man and a great leader he was.

recently voted the greatest englishman who ever lived.

heres another one "keep buggering on"

:D

cheers.

6. Monstrous Mi

Monstrous Mi

About Sir Winston Churchill.

I shudder to think where we would be today if he had not taken over for Neville Chamberlain.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114673

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice