1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen Saver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ronziontz, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronziontz

ronziontz Thread Starter

Okay, sounds silly, but after multiple attempts to activate my screen saver on my new HP p6649c running Win7 with an ATI Radeon HD4200 graphics card, I can't activate it.

I've rebooted multiple times. I've reset the screen saver settings multiple times, clicked on "apply" and "OK" and no dice. I've set the options to my own pictures as well as the default screen saver images. I have also checked the power management settings but they appear normal. Nothing seems to affect it so the monitor just sits with my desktop on perpetually.

Are there some settings on the monitor itself I should modify?

Any ideas?

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I removed your other post. Do not post multiple threads for the same problem.

Next when you set a screensaver, are you using an account with admin priv?

What pw management have you selected ie balanced, high performance, or a custom one?

3. ronziontz

ronziontz Thread Starter

Thanks, couldn't find another post with this problem identified.
    No admin user is set up, just one sign in account for the whole family. PW management is set to balanced.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971323

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice