1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen share without control?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by digitized, Jul 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. digitized

digitized Thread Starter

I'd like to do a screen share with a tech support agent without him being able to control my computer. Can TeamViewer do this? Any other software that does this?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What tech support? Most companies will only use remote control software or screen viewing of their choice and nothing else, that's standard practice. Some of this software does allow view only mode until you grant then control access too.

3. digitized

digitized Thread Starter

I would be hiring a freelancer so I can set conditions.

4. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

If this person is truly a professional, this person would know what software to use or would already have it. But WebEx is used extensively by many IT support organizations for both sharing/collaborating and remote control. With WebEx, you choose to share your desktop and if someone in the session wants to gain control of your desktop, you have to grant permissions for it to happen. A pop up will show on your screen asking if you want to grant the remote control request. WebEx can also record sessions if you want and has both VoIP or land line audio options. WebEx even has a mobile client where you can get video/audio of meeting sessions.

Citrix also offers a similar product.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I agree with the above, if you need to find him remote software to use then you should be finding a new tech guy instead, he should already have something setup or provide you with options. Also if you don't trust him you shouldn't use him. You can control when remote access is run for certain software, like TeamViewer which does in fact have view only options under it's settings, ours only runs when the client runs it for small clients, for large clients it's installed and running all the time so remote support can be provided without any user intervention as needed.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213528

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice