1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen size changed...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tranch, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tranch

tranch Thread Starter

...and I can't figure out how it happened or how to fix it.

While browsing a web site, Pinterest, I went from one recipe screen to a second and noticed that the screen size had changed. It got larger and I can't see the entire page as before. I tried other web pages and found the same problem, the screen size had somehow been changed. I've checked the screen resolution and it's the same, 1024 X 768. All my non-web screens, excell, word, etc. are fine and haven't been changed, just web pages.
    I ran AVG to see if there might have been a virus and it found nothing. Ran Malwarebytes and it found nothing. Did a CClean and that didn't help either. As a last resort even tried restoring back to 2 days before the problem occured. Still didn't correct it.
    Other than changing the screen resolution at the control panel is there somewhere else for changing the screen resolution for web pages?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2047 Mb
    Graphics Card: XGI Volari-XP5 v2.116.DELL_C, 32 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 57223 MB, Free - 23532 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Computer Corporation,
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

2. stantley

stantley

Open your browser, hold down the Ctrl key and hit 0 (zero).

When you hold down Ctrl and move the mouse wheel it zooms in and out. Ctrl 0 returns it to the default.

3. tranch

tranch Thread Starter

The wife fixed this for me. Now I feel like a real dummy. The page was zoomed. She clicked "page" in the tool bar and set it to 100%. Voila, fixed! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think she just let me suffer for her pleasure! :D :D :D :D

Thank you stantley for your reply.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087712

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice