Screen Tear

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MegdaX

I have been receiving screen tearing for quite a while. It starting happening 3 months ago on my laptop. It is the Acer Nitro 5 with the specs of i5 7300HQ, GTX 1050 ti Mobile Max Q, 8gb ddr4-2400, 256gb ssd, 1080p display, and 15.6 in. I have tried reinstalling windows around 6 times already, reinstalling graphics drivers, capping FPS, and adjusted the nvidia control panel. The intel graphics are the display graphics and I haven’t experienced this before but now I have to use v sync to fix it. Is there any way to fix this? I cap my FPS but I still get screen tearing and I prefer not to use v sync. Thank you.

What are you doing when screen tearing occurs? Watching videos, playing games, etc? I'm assuming gaming, but I'm told it's best not to assume anything on here.

By the sounds of it though mate, vsync is your best option, it's literally designed to stop screen tearing.

ETA
Also, if it is gaming, what games is it, that might also have an impact.

MegdaX

The game I play is fortnite, it seems to only happen in fortnite. I checked on displayhz.com and it showed 60.0259... I have tried capping ingame FPS to 60, capped it to 59, and capped it to 61. Only vsync helps. It used to be working even without vsync before 3 months ago.

Is it a store bought laptop or a custom one? Would like to check you monitor's refresh rate.

Also, any updates they make to the game, big or small, could easily impact whether it functions properly for you and games like that are constantly getting patches and updates.

I gotta ask what is your reluctance to use vsync about? I mean, if there's a solution that works right there, surely that's good, right?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online