1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen tearing issues NVidia GTX 580

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by droppedthebaby, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. droppedthebaby

droppedthebaby Thread Starter

Hey,

this has been immensely frustrating. Throughout the OS, there is screen tearing. It is almost unnoticeable but when I stream video online it is just ridiculous. It is like a PS3 game. I have done everything. I noticed that some ppl used the ION drivers, tried it but no luck. Updated Silverlight and Flash with no luck. It has been like this from day one and it is driving me crazy. It doesn't happen while gaming, at all so it is really confusing. In the NVidia Control Panel I have tried each variation of VSync with no success.

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.8GHz
    8192MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 1488 MB driver version 8.17.13.142

I would really appreciate any help.

Thank you

2. hssonline

hssonline

Try This :Nvidia drivers they'll see that rage is running and use their prfile for the game, which forces off Vsync even if you have it forced in the general options.:
    Please create a backup before trying below steps and make sure you got updated drivers.First try this

retstart in normnal mode, go in control panel, manage 3d setting, program settings tab, find rage.exe and rage64.exe on the list, force vsync on, on both of them
    If above steps not help then try below steps
    windows safemode, uninstall nvidia drivers (all of them)
    restart in safe mode, use driver sweeper to remove whats left
    restart again in safemode, install the drivers (i didnt install the 3dvision drivers)

retstart in normnal mode, go in control panel, manage 3d setting, program settings tab, find rage.exe and rage64.exe on the list, force vsync on, on both of them

3. droppedthebaby

Thanks a lot! Was worried I wouldn't hear back! Will try this later and update!

Appreciate the help.

4. droppedthebaby

Hey,

Tried that and no luck! Still getting the tearing. Most noriceable when dragging windows around and when watching video! Big film buff so this is a real nightmare. Really appreciate the help? Any ideas?

Cian

5. hssonline

hssonline

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1061321