Screen transfer problem

AnimamBC

I have a dell inspiron all in one 3477, i was using the hdmi to use as another monitor.
- a little history
I was using the hdmi to a tv, made that tv my main screen and the computer was my secondary screen. one day the screen on my pc had gone black, and the tv was my means of using my computer for a year.
- the problem
the tv broke, when i try hooking up the hdmi to other tvs, the tv display becomes the secondary so when i can get up and running cause i made it easy to remember how to get on. as in when i turn it on my log in scree is now on the computer, well anyway after i log in (from memory) on the black screen, the second problem arises, when i get the setting open its on the first screen which is the computer.
- Things ive tried (though maybe wrong)
At the bottom the thing i open are there as you can imagine, so i highlight them and right click the pop up image... for some reason when i do "move" and roll my curser, it is simply a lonely cross. ive tried left clicking, right clicking, making sure it was even up and not minimized.

If you disconnect from any external display, Windows should default back to the laptop screen and use that for sign in. Does that not work?

What exactly is the second problem?

AnimamBC

its the laptop screen that doesnt work, it stays black, i have it connected to this new tv and it only displays the second. i know that i need to change the lcd, we had a cold and rainy night in hawaii and the screen just didnt turn on after that.

u guess im trying to say that the laptop being the default screen is the problem. even when trying to access the system settings is what seems like an impossible task because it is on the default screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online