1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen turned black, no signal message after exiting game

Discussion in 'Games' started by Spicyllama, Oct 17, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Spicyllama

Spicyllama Thread Starter

I was playing Ryse: son of rome on my pc. Had been running the game for about 2 hours, with probably two framerate drops or significant lag spikes. Then i decided to exit the game normally. After i clicked return to desktop, the screen went black and the no display port signal detected message came up. Tried to get the screen to come back on to no avail. So then i shut the computer down by the power switch and rebooted. However it still presents me with the no signal message. I cannot acess the bios or anything.
    I have a gigabyte 1060 6gb graphics card, playing the game at default settings
    Using a displayport cable which is not faulty and a monitor that is fairly new.
    I have not experienced anything similar in the past.
    Any help would be really appreciated,
    Thanks.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

If your graphics card supports another type of video cable then try that.
    If your motherboard has vga connector then try connecting your monitor to that.
    if you have another graphics card, then try that.

Try the above 3 solutions if possible. Can't work on the problem without seeing anything.

3. Spicyllama

I tried it with a hdmi cable plugged into the graphics card. The system booted but a blue screen poped up.there is an image attached of the message it displayed. I am able to trouble shoot or continue. There are multiple options to trouble shoot. There should be photos attached of everything. What should info now and what more info can i give you that would help ?

Attached Files:

4. Spicyllama

Also, i was wondering if it would be anything to do with the specific game. And why should a hdmi cable get me further than a displayport cable? I understand these are random questions. But any help would be appreciated.

5. lunarlander

lunarlander

Try going to Trouble-Shoot > Startup Repair. Since HDMI works, maybe it could be the DisplayPort cable broke or the DisplayPort port itself broke, or the DisplayPort electronics on the graphics card broke.

6. Spicyllama

I turned my computer on again having changed nothing and it booted up fine, but displayport still doesnt work. Tried to find this troubleshoot option in settings but i cannot find it ?

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Is the HDMI port on the same card as the DisplayPort?

8. Spicyllama

9. lunarlander

lunarlander

Probably the DisplayPort electronics component failed. But the HDMI component still works. Each piece of functionality is put together, like toy Lego bricks.

10. Spicyllama

Is there a way I can confirm this? Will this make any difference to the card if i run it with a hdmi cable ?

11. lunarlander

lunarlander

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234389

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice