1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen/VGA Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by matinnassiri, Oct 20, 2019.

1. matinnassiri

matinnassiri Thread Starter

Hello, I've recently ran into a problem whilst moving my PC into my brothers room as he's moved to UNI. I plugged the blue vga chord into the PC and then into my screen, and it says no signal? The PC is on, and working, but keeps saying no signal. I've attempted one other vga chord but still doesnt work.
    Please help!!

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hello matinnassiri, and welcome to TSG.

1) If the monitor has more than one input make sure it is set to use that input.

2) By any chance, does your computer have a video controller card plugged into a motherboard that has built-in video? If so, make sure you are plugging into the VGA cord into the correct VGA socket (usually the one on the controller card).

3) If your computer does have a video controller card plugged into a motherboard, could it have loosened during the move?

4) Does the motherboard normally beep during power up? If so, do you still get the same beep?

Beyond that, please tell us the brand and exact model number of the computer and/or motherboard, the brand and exact model number of any video controller card (not the chip on the card), and the brand and exact model number of the monitor.

lynx1021 likes this.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234502

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice