1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screen works when starting computer but when it gets to desktop screen is black

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vickrn0718, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Vickrn0718

Vickrn0718 Thread Starter

I have another issue with my desktop running Windows 7 . the laptop starts up fine and monitor screen works but when it gets to desktop the screen is black. Any ideas?????
    I have another laptop where it starts up fine but monitor is black . helppppppp

2. Sponsor

3. plodr

plodr

What happens in safe mode?

4. Vickrn0718

The screen works in safe mode but as soon as I go to desktop the screen is black. Weird. any ideas?

5. dustyjay

dustyjay

Sounds like a driver problem if it works during POST and in Safe Mode.

Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard. Thank you

6. Vickrn0718

This is Sony VAIO vgn fw200 laptop . running Windows 7 . thanks

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1153714