1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

screen wrong way up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kmd999, Dec 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kmd999

kmd999 Thread Starter

when starting my laptop (dell inspiron 6000) my log on screen appears sideways and mouse pad works back to front ,then if i log on it comes up sideways then flickers then appears ok ,(BAMBOOZLED)any help would be appreciated as its driving me nuts only started doing this in the past week.:mad:

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Check your display settings.

3. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Make sure the resolution is set correctly for size of screen like 1024x768 and not 768x1024. Some resolution settings give a bit weird looks.

4. techkid

techkid David

Also, some video cards allow you to flip the screen around 90°, 180° or 270°. I think that the shortcut is CTRL+ALT+Up Arrow to set it right.

Someone could just be playing silly buggers...

5. kmd999

kmd999 Thread Starter

cheers guys will have a snoop around ,doesnt do it every time on start up which had me stumped and it was only me using it,will keep an eye on it ,still under warranty so might use it if it keeps up.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/664719