1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screensaver in Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Annette7, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Annette7

Annette7 Thread Starter

I have just had Vista OS installed in my PC and I can't get 'my pictures' to fill the screen when screen saver comes on. Sometimes it shows up as black and white too. When I look at the preview it is OK.

Hope you can help

Annette

2. BillVB

BillVB

Have you already installed your graphics drivers?

3. Annette7

Annette7 Thread Starter

Not sure what you mean. My PC had to be taken to computer shop as there was a corrupt file. I had XP on it but it was wiped and Vista put on it. The pictures show up sometimes full screen and sometimes only part of the screen on screensaver.

4. BillVB

BillVB

That's what I'm saying, if visual elements are not being displayed correctly, then it could be something to do with your graphics card.
    Does any other visual element not display correctly, like visual style, wallpaper, videos, pictures, media player visualisation?

5. Annette7

Annette7 Thread Starter

Yes they all display correctly and sometimes the screensaver does too

6. BillVB

BillVB

Well, it's annoying that I'm the only person helping you, and it's annoying because I have no idea what the problem is, sorry.

I'll look into this a bit more for you, and I'll keep you posted on what I find out.

Sorry I couldn't be much help.

7. Annette7

Annette7 Thread Starter

Thanks very much for trying. Hope you find an answer. :eek:)

8. Rich-M

Rich-M

Not much we can do without system specs either brand name and model of pc or hardware listing. Feels like weak or inadequate power supply but I'm only guessing.

9. Annette7

Annette7 Thread Starter

dimensions 9150. Not sure what else you mean as exact same as before Vista was loaded and worked perfectly!!!!

10. Rich-M

Rich-M

Is the screensaver a program you installed or just normal Windows screensavers?

11. Annette7

Annette7 Thread Starter

just normal screensaver

12. Rich-M

Rich-M

Sounds like a power or video card issue. Try updating driver to the newest on video card by online search from mfgr website.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920089

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice