screensaver is not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

berndawg84

My screensaver never goes on after 3 minutes when it's supposed to. What could be causing this? I have heard that certain programs and services in the windows task manager under ctrl alt del, can make the screensaver not work. Anyone know a way to fix this, so that it always runs?

What O.S. are you running? Have you tried other screen savers? Maybe just that one is messed up. If you just need the screen saver to save your monitor, set your monitor power settings to turn off the monitor after a certain amount of time. That's what I do. I don't run a screen saver. I set mine to 30 minutes.

Cory

berndawg84

i'm running on XP, and even my power settings won't work. Like if I set it so that the monitor turns off after 10 minutes, it won't work.

I have the same problem. Niether screen savers or monitor shut off work. I have posted my problem on here already. My ss preview, but do not come on and they have a webpage-like icon

Maybe the APM in your bios is interfering with your SS. Try turning off all power saving options in the BIOS. Maybe this will help

ok, I found my bios when I started the computer, here's what they said under power

acpi funtion Enabled
acpi suspend type S1
Power management User Defined
HDD Power Down Disable
Doze mode Disable
Suspend mode Disable
Video off option Suspend->off
video off method v/h sync + blank
modem use irq 3
sort-off by pwr-button instant-off
intruder # detection disabled
wake up events
ps2kb wakeup select hotkey
ps2kb wakeup from s1-s5 disabled
usb resume from s3 disable
vga off
lpt & com lpt/com
hdd & fdd on
wake on lan diabled
wake on pci card disabled
wake on pci timer disabled

irq activity monitoring Menu

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online