1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screensaver Issues

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by teyr25, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. teyr25

teyr25 Thread Starter

Hi all, just decided to post my question here after drawing a blank on the web.
    A friend of mine recently gave me a screensaver to try out. I tried installing it on a laptop I had lying around, and it installed and ran just fine. I decided to put it onto my main computer to use it there when I ran into some issues. When I attempted to test or install the screensaver file, the computer doesn't respond to the click and just sits. Shortly after that, my mouse disappears from the top left hand corner of my screen. Not only does it disappear, nothing in that corner space can be clicked on or modified. The rest of the screen responds as normal. Rebooting fixes the problem. I have since tried installing the screensaver on another computer sitting around the house and it installs and runs it also with no issues.
    I am a little worried about this because I had a thought that maybe my main computer has a virus or corrupted file of some sort? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2720QM CPU @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8079 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA NVS 4200M, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 459737 MB, Free - 112472 MB; Q: Total - 15999 MB, Free - 6794 MB;
    Motherboard: LENOVO, 4239CTO
    Antivirus: Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2012, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Are both computers using the same operating system, Windows 7 64-bit?

3. teyr25

teyr25 Thread Starter

The first two computers were both Windows 7 64 bit; the third was a Windows 8 machine.

4. teyr25

teyr25 Thread Starter

Anyone? :(

5. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Is this Windows 8 machine running the PC or the RT version of Windows 8?
    Make and model of the Windows 8 machine would help?

6. teyr25

teyr25 Thread Starter

The Windows 8 machine was running the PC version of Windows; it's an ASUS X202e.

7. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    Then the screen saver may NOT be Windows 8 compliant.

8. teyr25

teyr25 Thread Starter

Oh, what I mean is that the screensaver ran on one Windows 7 PC and on the Windows 8 machine; the second Windows 7 machine is the one that's having problems- the one that I posted the information about in the first post.
    Sorry if I was a little unclear.

9. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    OK, is this screen saver for BOTH a 32 and 64 bit machines?

Are both of these machines using the same (32 or 64 bit) OS's?

10. teyr25

teyr25 Thread Starter

They're both 64 bit, but the one having the problem is a Windows 7 Professional, while the one running the saver was a Windows 7 Premium, if that makes a difference.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084524

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice