screensaver malfunction

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rose Nielsen

My system is Windows Vista and as of late my screensaver will not work. I have reset it over and over and nothing I do will help. I have an Acer Aspire 5715-4740 laptop intel pentium processer. Can anyone out there address this problem and help me with some a few pointers to try. Thank You very much appreciated. Rose :(

Renamed&Closed7

Account Closed
Do you by any chance have a wireless or wired microsoft mouse?

I have had a similar issue with my Wired Microsoft Mouse and its "Intellipoint" Driver

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911895

Some claim this issue only occurs with the wireless versions of certain microsoft devices. I found that for me, It occur whenever Intellipoint 6.2 was installed. The Same version of Intellipoint also caused my Vista Sidebar to cease working... as detailed here http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista-7/805947-solved-windows-sidebar-crashes-every.html

Anyway if you have a microsoft mouse/device that uses Intellipoint try removing the intellipoint software and checking if the issue still occurs. Or Try upgrading to the latest version of Intellipoint, which at the time of writing is 6.3

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online