1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screensaver problem...

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Robbieboy, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Robbieboy

Robbieboy Thread Starter

Hi,I know this is an old chestnut, but I am having difficulty getting screensaver to work on Windows Vista HP. Up until recently it was working ok, but I had a major computer crash recently and had to get my hard disk re-formatted and reinstalled. Now my screensaver won't work. From my searches, I am aware of a Windows update called 'HID Non-User Input Data Filter' which has been known to fix this problem, but I could not find it anywhere in Windows Update. Also, I have a strong recollection of someone telling me when I originally had this problem that software such as 'InCD' could interfere with running of screensavers in Windows Vista HP. Pretty sure I removed InCD and problem was solved. The thing is, I no longer have InCD (although I do have Nero Express installed). Could someone please help me resolve this- many thanks in advance!

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Do you have an ATI card with the most recent drivers? Look in the Event Viewer and see what stopped the screensaver.

3. Robbieboy

Robbieboy Thread Starter

Hi Elvandil, thanks for your reply. I'm afraid I don't know what an ATI card is, or how I look at it!

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

5. Robbieboy

Robbieboy Thread Starter

Ok I looked it up and I have NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

OK. Since you didn't know which one you had, you probably don't have the driver from NVidia. It will add a lot more functionality than the one supplied by MS and if that has anything to do with the SCR problem, will solve it.

www.nvidia.com/drivers

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704775

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice