1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screensaver Problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Nightcheck, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightcheck

Nightcheck Thread Starter

I have Windows XP Home Edition and am having problems adding new screensavers. The ones that came with XP work fine, but wheenever I add a new one... it will show up in my list Under Control Panel - Display - Screensaver. I select the new screensaver, it appears in the window ok - I can change the settings and preview it fine. I then click on "Apply", then "ok" to exit..
    Once I saw it wasn't working..I noticed that once I exit and come back... the screensaver is set to "None". The .scr file is in c:\windows\system32 with the other ones (which work fine). I don't think it is the new screensaver, becuase I have tried three separate ones and the same problem..
    Any help is greatly appreciated..
    Thanks
    NC

2. vesselle

vesselle

hmmm...
    what about the time settings? do you have it set to come up after too long a period of time? and it will only come up at the set time when the pc has been inactive for that amount of time. along those notes, you may have a program running that checks the internet periodically. it would interrupt your timing on your screensavers, if so.
    another possibility.. some commercial screensavers use a proggy of their own to change the settings. when you installed them, did they make an entry in your Start Button - Program Files?

V***V

3. PlatinumDrag

PlatinumDrag

I just went through this it wouldn't add it to the list for screensavers under the desktop props. But i did find it in the start program list and works fine from there once you launch it.

Why it does this is beyond me, since it should be added to the area where i have added others, but at least its not a major fix. The reason for this i thought was not compatible but i find others that are do the same thing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!