1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ScreenSaver will not turn on

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by nchico, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nchico

nchico Thread Starter

Hello,
    I'm running Windows XP on a Sony Vaio laptop. For some reason, my Screensaver recently stopped functioning. I had it set to start after 20 minutes, but noticed that even after sitting there for hours (or overnight) it would never turn on. I changed the time to 1 minute, but still it never comes on. I have selected different Screensavers and changed the options to see if it made a difference, but it still will not run.

The screensaver definitely used to work, and I'm not sure at what point it stopped. Any ideas what I can do to get it kick-started again?

Thanks,
    Nancy

2. nchico

nchico Thread Starter

Nobody has replied to my question. Can anybody help?? My screensaver will not activate!

3. hankhill_

hankhill_

but I do not know the fix. You didn't buy a new mouse recently did you? Because this happened right after the installation of my new mouse!

4. jparr111

jparr111

nchico...
    I do know this. Many screensavers come with malware(spys) that can interfer with your computer working properly. Do you have SPY protection? Post what protections you have. (virus and spy) Also, do you have SP2 installed?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536618

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice