1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

screensavers

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jdemnyan1116, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jdemnyan1116

jdemnyan1116 Thread Starter

This isn't a big problem, just a question. My brother has a screensaver called Aquarium on his computer, he said it came with the computer. I would like to download it but don't know where to go to get it. Is it a windows download, a separate company download, or what? I don't see nowhere where it says to download new screensavers.

2. MMJ

MMJ Guest

3. jdemnyan1116

jdemnyan1116 Thread Starter

thanks for the reply. Lots of aquatic screensavers out there. Question, can you get an infection from downloading screensavers? In other words, can nasties come in on screensavers? I have quite a bit of antivirus,spyware,firewall tools installed and am just wondering if they would stop an infection from downloading a screensaver? Should I download it to a disk first, scan it, then install it?

4. golferbob

golferbob

5. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

The aquarium screensaver he has is probably the one that comes with Microsoft Plus!

I would personally be very leary of downloading any "free" screensavers as a lot of them tend to install with malware/spyware. Unless you know the source is reputable I wouldn't use one.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544597

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice