1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Screensavers

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by extruders, Nov 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. extruders

extruders Thread Starter

I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows 98. Now my 3D screensavers won't work. The entire system locks up when you try to select one.

2. Dan O

Dan O

Welcome aboard, I see this is your first posting. My folks are from the West Point area, where are you?

I suspect your problem is caused by Windows selecting the wrong video driver. Right click My Computer, select Properties, Device Manager, Display Adapter, Driver tab, and Update option. Try the Automatic option first if that does not work repeat the process and manually select your video. You may need to download a new copy of the driver from the Manufacture's web site. Good luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58280

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice