Screensavers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Totalrod2

I'd like to add some of the old Windows 95 and 98 screensavers to my XP computer. So far the only ones I have are: Flying Windows, 3D Flying Objects, Flying Toasters and Magic 2000.scr
Does anyone here have any 95 or 98 screensavers? If so, would you mind emailing me a few? I'd really love to see science.scr again after all these years!
Bryan
totalrod2 AT aol.com

Hello...
I have a Win98 computer.I checked my screensavers and I do not have science.scr

Can you specifically tell me which OS? What Make ?

Thanks.
ACTER80.

Totalrod2

Hmm, I'm 99% sure it was Windows 98 that screensaver was on (it definately wasn't 95). I wish I could find a screenshot online, but there aren't any. I do remember there being alot more screen savers on my Windows 98 computer. Of course, this was over 8 years ago now.
Bryan

Hello...

The reason I asked the OS is there are two Win98(s)...98 and 98SE.
Some makes and models may have some extra screensavers then others.

Do you have your original recovery disc?
I have a Compaq Presario and QuickRestore disc.I will use it to replace missing or corrupt files.
On your "Start" column,you should have "(your computer's name) Support.For example,I have Compaq Support.This is a file where you can choose to re install files and folders or to restore your whole system.It can give you the option of saving files you do not want to replace.
Check to see if you can recover this screensaver using the Support folder on your "Start" column.
Thanks.
ACTER80.

Hello...
See if the manufacturer of your computer has the recovery disc still available. I know it is a long shot due to the fact it is a Win98 system,it is worth a try.You may do a search for a third party software site. Check and see what they have to offer.

Thanks again.
ACTER80.

I've just mailed u a copy of Science.scr, if u know how to extract these files from the win 98 cd & u can expand them I could send all of them without installing them on my comp,
Bob

SDFOX 7

Banned
Hi, it is 16:27 my time EST. I see scotrw just emailed you something.

Maybe Windows 95 has some screensavers that Windows 98 doesn't have?

I use Windows 95 OSR 2.0 on all my machines. IMO the best OS MS made, no bloat crap, LOL (although NT 4.0 would be my 2nd choice). If you can tell me where to find them in the /win95 directory I will send them to you tonight when I get home (I am on my P3C laptop right now but am leaving shortly.). I just have to figure out how to do that, because I have never done this. I am also an AOL member, look for an email from sdfox7 at aol dot com.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online