Screenshot Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

angustaurus

Hi guys,
I'm kinda new to computers and I was just wondering, how do I save a screenshot in my computer using IE or FIREFOX browsers?
(windows xp/sp2)

I really appreciate any help.

Thanx again.
ANGUSTAURUS :)

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi angustaurus

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Save a screenshot or save a picture?

If you want to save a screenshot, click the prt scr button on your keyboard and paste it into the MSPaint program.

You can also download Irfanview here:
www.irfanview.com
You can paste screenshots into Irfanview and save them.

If you would like to save a picture you see while browsing on the web, Right click the picture and choose the option: Save Picture As...
You should get a Save As window where you can choose the folder you want to save the picture in.

Does that help?
If not let us know.

angustaurus

EAFiedler said:
Hi angustaurus

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Save a screenshot or save a picture?

If you want to save a screenshot, click the prt scr button on your keyboard and paste it into the MSPaint program.

You can also download Irfanview here:
www.irfanview.com
You can paste screenshots into Irfanview and save them.

If you would like to save a picture you see while browsing on the web, Right click the picture and choose the option: Save Picture As...
You should get a Save As window where you can choose the folder you want to save the picture in.

Does that help?
If not let us know.
Thanks you very very much EAFiedler I just tried what you suggested,
works great. :)

Screen shots are saved to Clipboard when you create them. If you just want to save the screen shot, it isn't mandatory to create a .BMP file. Just open the Clipboard Viewer and save as a .CLP file. Viewable only in Clipboard Viewer.

It is more useful as a .BMP (or .JPG or .GIF), but not necessary.

sekirt

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online