1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Script Error running old game on XP

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lulu3535, Apr 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lulu3535

Lulu3535 Thread Starter

Hi. I've got Windows XP on my computer, and I want to run an old favorite game of mine, "Stay Tooned!" The game was made in 1996 and as such isn't configured to run on XP (I think it was made to work with Windows 3.1 and 95). I've already tried running the compatability wizard, with no luck. When I try to run the program, I get the following message: "Script Error: Handler not defined #fileIO".

Is there any way I can get this program to work?

Thanks for any and all of your help!

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

If it's for Windows 3.x then no. 9x however maybe. DOSBOX is an emulator for XP to run old DOS games that doesn't work with XPs compatibility mode.

3. Lulu3535

Lulu3535 Thread Starter

I have the disc in front of me, and it says that there is both a 3.1 and a 95 version on it. It's not a DOS game, though, so how would a DOS emulator help...?

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

I assume something that old would be as there were alot of games that was.

Prehaps it's too old to run on Windows XP. If that's the case then the only way you would be able to play it is to have Windows 95 on your machine, but that's a complicated issue all together. I'm sorry that I can't assist you further.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/457036