1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Script to automatically fix network issue?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ajrobson, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ajrobson

ajrobson Thread Starter

I will be away from home over Xmas but I will be remotely logging in to my computer at certain times.

I am worried that my network may go down over xmas, sometimes my pc loses it's network connection and I need to restart the network adapter or do ipconfig / release, renew flush dns

Does anybody have a script or something they use that will restart my network or even my router if it can't access the internet?

I have written a simple batch script that I will schedule but I am hoping someone has something to do this already just incase my script doesn't work!

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Have you had any issues before?

The only problem I can see with this is that if the ISP is down, or if your modem or router may have issues then you're screwed regardless of the script.

3. ajrobson

ajrobson Thread Starter

I do get the odd issue when I am downloading big files from my work computer to my home one but moving from wireless to wired solved it for the most part but I just want something to restart the network card if it stops getting data.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Again, there are other reasons that the connection would be dropped and usually it's not at the network card level. I don't think there is a program out there that would automatically renew that as far as I know. Now you can make a batch file so if you are on the computer and it loses connection, then you can run the batch file.

If you are worried about redoing a download though, try a download manager like GetRight. It will resumes the download when the internet is resolved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1081634

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice