1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Script

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Leo_Moon, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Leo_Moon

Leo_Moon Thread Starter

I am trying to fix a problem that keeps happening when I open a web page I get a message that says " An error has occurred in the script on this page. " this happens all the time . How can I fix this? Please Help!!!

2. mobo

mobo

Do you have java installed ?

3. Leo_Moon

Leo_Moon Thread Starter

I don't know if I have java installed where would I check

4. mobo

mobo

5. Leo_Moon

Leo_Moon Thread Starter

Ok I am running WinXP, IE 6.0 And SP.1. Java came with IE 6.0 sowhat else could make couse these errors in script

6. mobo

mobo

7. Bman

Bman

Leo,
    Try this, open Internet Explorer, on the menu go to 'Tools', then 'Internet Options', click the 'Advanced' tab, then under 'Browsing' put a check by 'Disable script debugging' and remove the check by 'Displat a notification about every script error'. This should stop your error message, those error messages are caused by the web page, not your browser. HTH

8. Leo_Moon

Leo_Moon Thread Starter

still not working right on certain web pages, i get a internet explorer script error telling me their is an error in the script on this page. it will tell me the "Line" and the "Error. What is this exactly? I have tryed to uninstall "java virtual machine" and reinstalled it it work for a few mins.and then it started doing it again, and it makes opening a web page take a lone time.
    Thanks

9. Bman

Bman

Leo,
    Did you 'Disable script debugging'? Also, uncheck 'Display a notification about every script error'. Like I said before those error messages you are getting are caused by bad code in a website, they're not being *caused* by your browser. If that doesn't stop it I'm stumped. Anyone else got an idea??

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221439

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice