Script

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Leo_Moon

I am trying to fix a problem that keeps happening when I open a web page I get a message that says " An error has occurred in the script on this page. " this happens all the time . How can I fix this? Please Help!!!

Leo_Moon

Ok I am running WinXP, IE 6.0 And SP.1. Java came with IE 6.0 sowhat else could make couse these errors in script

Leo,
Try this, open Internet Explorer, on the menu go to 'Tools', then 'Internet Options', click the 'Advanced' tab, then under 'Browsing' put a check by 'Disable script debugging' and remove the check by 'Displat a notification about every script error'. This should stop your error message, those error messages are caused by the web page, not your browser. HTH

Leo_Moon

still not working right on certain web pages, i get a internet explorer script error telling me their is an error in the script on this page. it will tell me the "Line" and the "Error. What is this exactly? I have tryed to uninstall "java virtual machine" and reinstalled it it work for a few mins.and then it started doing it again, and it makes opening a web page take a lone time.
Thanks

Leo,
Did you 'Disable script debugging'? Also, uncheck 'Display a notification about every script error'. Like I said before those error messages you are getting are caused by bad code in a website, they're not being *caused* by your browser. If that doesn't stop it I'm stumped. Anyone else got an idea??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts